Tuesday, May 30, 2006

First day in Seoul pt.1/Late entry

Okay this is my fake first post. I am writing this about two weeks behind, so I will try to capture all as realistically as possible.

Tuesday, May 30th about 5am Korea time (3pm EST-May 29th) - just arrived.

Got in safe and sound at about 3am, met my co-worker Mike, an American, the head teacher at my school. We took a cab into my area SangDo, south of the Han River. Took a tunnel and came out near the subway. We dropped my bags at my apartment, nice but small, 2nd floor. No patio, but a sort of room extension with a washer and clothing rack.

We dropped in to a little Korean restaurant. Mike says he wouldn't usually go there, but for food, it's about it for this late in this area (not bad for the time about 4am?!). Got DongkaSu, a breaded pork cutlet, kind of like a Weiner Schnitzel. With Korean side dishes (free stuff, usually some pickled and peppered veg, and a creamy something, like salad with mayo [boo]) it is a good night ender. I leave off from Mike near the main street (don't know the name), and walk alone to apt. Pass an all night convenience store (bodega) and grab a pack of Korean smokes 'Arirang', and some rice-in-seaweed sandwiches for breaky (I now know they're called KimBap, and they can come as a triangle or as a roll-like maki in sushi joints-pretty cheap, like 90cents each).

Crash out time...
b.a.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy is cool. That trip took alot of hutzpah. Lord have mercy.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that might look sarcastic. You really are cool B.A.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home