Saturday, November 04, 2006

Kidsarekrazy



















Kids do the darndest things. This week was Market Day week, a day for the students at Oedae Hagwon to get together and learn about the most important institution in western culture: buying shit. Throughout the term children were given stamps in their 'Oedae Hagwon Passports' (I couldn't make this stuff up) in either the Reward section, or the Penalty section. All the good stamps were worth 10 cents, and the penalties -10 cents. Some kids had near $10, so you can tell that the penalties don't amount to jack squat.
These are 10 of the most affecting:
1. He's Indiana Carl... the roughest, toughest english teacher around. He's actually a cool guy, but has no idea about his hat. He's in deNial (get it?).
2. This is a new student of mine. He won some sort of award at school, so I copped this pic with him so I can say I teach champions, for references etc... BONUS GAME: Find the snake-monster posing as a student.
3. Look at the facial poses on these guys. A deeply impacting portrait of two of Korea's future leaders. Intense.
BONUS QUESTION: Which one rips the other a new asshole in ten years?
4. Some real cool kids I now teach. Maybe the cutest ones, the boy and girl in blue on the right, are actually cousins.
BONUS GAME: Pick the kid who has since dropped out of the class.
5. Another really cute kid. Nothing funny here.
6. This is Chinon Counta Grabcrotchi. The counters at the school were actually designed to his exact body specs for maximum whiny-pants usage.
BONUS QUESTION: Which secretary recently released two of my students from punishment, allowing them to leave the office without my OK?
7. Victorious gloating after spending half an hour solving two-piece kid's puzzle.
BONUS GAME: Guess who was reprimanded for singing 'I am the Champion'.
8. A bouquet of popcorn and another cute kid.
9. and 10. Ok, this is kinda cool. Read this before looking at them. Look at the eyes of both kids in pic #9. Then, look at their eyes in pic #10. Repeat... Cool! I didn't plan this at all, it just happened. I want to put this up on my wall and trip people out.
Okay, that's it.
Peace,
BA.
PS. I have the pics from the trip, I'll post them soon, probably tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get the kids' eyes in pics 9 and 10. Do you refer to the change of each in each from down to up, from closed to opened? Anyway, these children are cute, cute, cute and look like they'd be very much fun to teach!!

Ma Kettle

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home