Sunday, June 25, 2006

Korea lost, Mexico lost, 2 pics. 1 Korea pic!



Sunday afternoon, 4:30pm.
Working all night, graded some tests, wrote report cards. Reviewed songs. Tested the potency of Soju... (turns out THERE IS liquor in the stuff!), talked on MSN. Shit all really... Korea lost the game Friday night. We were in ShinChon. Big foreigner bar called The Bar. Well actually, it's not called the bar, but no one knows it's name, and the sign for the spot above it (Seoul style crowding) reads 'the bar'. Mixed crowd that night, alot of Koreans, alot of US, alot of CAN... others too. Sometimish cheering man... not steady, not consistent. I was the strongest cheerer and I'm not even full Korean!!! The game started at 4, we headed home at 6am. Actually, me and Joon found a really nice 'bottle bar' a couple blocks away. A bottle bar is a bar where they serve bottles of beer, I think usually it's 'o-beks' (literally 500cc of beer, from the tap), so this was the first time I had seen a Bud since arriving! That kid Joon likes Stella so he was happy. His friend Eun-Sung didn't care, so she was happy. Nice couches, big tv, good crowd... We would have stayed, but american mike was all about the bar. so...

Got some pics from Big Glish last night, so I'll attach one or two... also, Joon sent me some pics from the time we went to City Hall. The big gate is called NamDaeMun. It's the southwest gate of the old city of Seoul. Pretty big, especially for those times.
Oh, the TO pic is from Tasty's on Bloor, my last night in TO. Royce Gracie got finished by Matt Whatever. Too bad, I wanted Gracie to win. Old School.
Maybe I'll go to NamdaeMun market later, check out the town...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home