Friday, July 21, 2006

Got my camera!







Got my camera last Sunday, July 16th. It was the middle of rainy season, but I did manage to run up to my roof and get some pics from my roof. I'm posting them for you all to enjoy, and to give you a view of a typical Seoul skyline. I counted one day, the number of 20+ floors I can see from my roof... 60! Also, I counted the number of neon crosses on top of churches that I can count, and there are 20! From one roof! Note the color arrangement on the buildings too, there is one main base color, then two or more accent colors. This is the basic design of ALL the apartment buildings here (that I've seen-tall buildings that is). It's Friday night, I'm staying in doing some work and saving up. Oh, I got a pizza for dinner. They've been telling me since I got here that the pizza here is not great, not so good, pretty crap. The pie I got was beautiful in color, texture and mouth-feel, but the flavor... Pizza made by people who have never eaten pizza is what came to mind. That is, it's really well made, perfectly colored and sauced etc, but, there is no taste to it. I've had this experience with other western foods (baked goods are terrible - the ones I've tried) here. I'm not sure if it's a rule, but I am taking notes... The spaghetti they sent was the same. (note: but, they DID include parmesan and hot sauce packs!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home